common writing obstacles to address

4 Common Writing Obstacles To Address to Help You Write More Effectively

by Bryan Wong YH on August 22, 2010

• Sharebar

I am sure that if you are writing articles or blogging, you will encounter some obstacles here and there. Regardless of what the gurus say, article marketing is a sure way to get traffic for your blog and this has been proven since the early days of internet marketing to rank well for your website. Yes it is a difficult task and there will be obstacles to constantly write. Even the most experienced writer or blogger will encounter some difficulty.

There is no surprise that when writers or bloggers encounter difficulty, they tend to lose the enthusiasm to continue writing and soon stop writing. Here I would like to highlight 4 common writing obstacles to address to enhance your writing experience and get your enthusiasm back if you are feeling down in the dumps about writing.

Manage Your Writing Time

If you are just starting to write your first article, it is not surprising to take more time to write and publish it. Over time things will get more natural with you and your time better. The key areas that you focus on before publishing is to do adequate research, planning your content, writing or drafting, proofreading and finally publishing. The solution around this is to write regularly and consistency.

Writing regularly make things more natural to you just like when you are first learning how to drive and after several attempts on driving, things get more natural for you. In short, practice makes perfect and the total time to write and publish your article decreases.

An Article Can Only Fit So Much

It is impossible to write an article that fits everything you need to say. If this was the case, then it will not be an article but more like a book or an encyclopaedia. No amount of writing can achieve that. There is always the temptation to fit everything inside because you think your readers will like it better but in fact your readers will appreciate it if you could just carry your message across more succinctly and accurately.

If you are getting carried with too many ideas in your head, write it down break it down to smaller parts and create articles out of each individual parts.

Focusing On Quality But Not Perfection

As writers, we easily mix the two up but they are both entirely different. Remember it is not easy to produce quality articles all the time. I’m sure your readers will be impressed to see the quality of your articles but making a few good and mediocre ones is far easier than trying to maintain perfect articles all the time. The other alternative would be to write less often and do more research on your article content before publishing them.

Understand That More Articles Equals More Traffic

This point adds on to the previous point. Whenever you think that you should be a guru before publishing an article, you condition yourself into the “inferiority complex” and this becomes a stumbling block for you to publish an article. It is far better to publish more articles than producing excellent looking or “perfect” articles for your audience. The argument against this might be that more people will flood to see your perfect articles more than the mediocre ones.

I personally believe that these so-called mediocre articles can be improved over time and republished again. Better still, you will get ideas to create fresher articles for your next project.

Conclusion

These four main problems are key areas to address to bring your article writing to a better level. They might be difficult to achieve in a short period of time but again consistency with writing helps drive things in the right way. This is providing you follow this short guide on how to guide you on the right direction. So are you ready to write with renewed enthusiasm again?

Do you need help with Starting A Wordpress Site?

Thesis Theme for WordPress:  Options Galore and a Helpful Support Community

Then...use Thesis just like the pros around. Even if you are not a pro, Thesis has a great supporting community and forum to help you with questions on how to use Thesis. Finally, if you need access to resources that I use for my business online, check out my resources page. You will find goodies and gems that might help you as well.

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Simon Lee
Twitter:
August 28, 2010 at 2:29 am

Hi Bryan,
I do agree with your point to focus on quality but not perfection, if you are good in a particular topic, you should write the article in a way that people can easily understand, it is totally unecessary that you write bombastic english and make people confuse. You should understand that not every of your readers are native english speaker. Just me point of view.

Simon

bryanps August 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm

hey simon,

thx for your comment. yeah, keep things simple and easy to understand for your readers but also maintain the quality of your article

David Marks January 31, 2011 at 3:40 pm

article writing is the best way to get traffic to sites, not only traffic you can also make money by writing articles.all you need to do is write quality articles.

Bryan Wong YH January 31, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I think the web needs more quality stuff. A lot of things we find on the search engines are mediocre in quality. My belief is that article marketing works but its no longer as effective as other methods of traffic generation. Back in the good old days when article marketing was a big thing, say 3 years ago, yes it is still possible. But now, there are too many people taking advantage of article marketing and spinning and littering the net with a lot of garbage.

Timo Kiander February 17, 2011 at 2:33 am

Hi Bryan!

I think that those are valid points.

I used to write articles much more than what I do nowadays. However, one thing that speeded up my article writing was to have a plan for my articles in advance -what articles to write and when. Alsor, the biggest improvement timewise I got from deciding the outlines before writing anything.

I used to write articles and plan their structure as I went along, but by doing some pre-planning, I was able to speed up my writing.

Bryan Wong YH February 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Hey Timo,

I think everyone needs a plan for their business and that includes article writing. One method that I like to do is to write as many articles I can when I feel inspired or when I feel the surge of ideas. When I get that feeling, I jot down what ideas I have and straight away draft a post. I would usually split it into a few different articles and schedule each one of them so I don’t have to think of what to write every few days. Your method sounds good too.

All the best!

David Marks February 28, 2011 at 10:43 am

when writing an article one should know more about the topic in order to write or create a high quality article, we all know that article is one of the best way to drive traffic to sites, not only traffic it also drives money straight to you.

David Marks March 28, 2011 at 2:09 pm

in article writing the content quality is very important, one should focus on having good content than focusing on perfection, having good content means having quality and having quality means having more readers.

David Marks March 29, 2011 at 12:42 pm

before writing an article you should know your market, after that do some research on the topic you choose, this will help you in getting traffic, doing research will help you put more information to your site.

David Marks March 30, 2011 at 12:28 pm

article writing requires knowledge about a certain topic that is why researching is very important, doing some research will help writers gain or take up more knowledge about the topic.

David Marks March 31, 2011 at 10:42 am

Article marketing is a proven strategy for generating huge numbers of visitors to your website. It is a very low-cost, yet effective technique. While there is a time requirement to create articles and then to submit those articles to article directories and submission sites, the benefits cannot be disputed.

David Marks April 1, 2011 at 11:39 am

There’s no doubt that article marketing is the best internet marketing tool today. It’s a great traffic-generating and product promotional tool. Not only that, it’s also the best tool to use if you’re trying to prove your expertise in your niche and if you’re eager to build lots of inbound links for your website in as little time as possible.